Food for thought…
- Average monthly U.S. food budget for two people is $387 a month according to the USDA thrifty food plan (non-thrifty $553)
- The plan doesn’t include non-food items such as toilet paper, pet food, laundry or dish detergents, etc.. Solution to save money: a bidet, pet rock, nudist colony, and meat on a stick over a fire if you can afford meat.
- Meats, poultry, and fish have risen in price by 14.3 percent.
- Eggs 39.8 percent
- Butter 24.6 percent
- Milk 17 percent
- Flour 14.2 percent
- The average jump in food prices in the past year (from August 2021 to August 2022) was 11.4 percent according to the Consumer Price Index report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- In the U.S., one in five children goes to bed hungry.
- Worldwide, 829 MILLION people go to bed hungry.
- The previous two statistics are sobering.
In Camelot, a place associated with glittering romance, optimism, and huge amounts of disposable income, one can dine like kings and queens.
- Almas caviar-$34,500 per kilogram- For the price of a car, albino sturgeon eggs are an impressive appetizer.
- Bluefin tuna- The highest price paid for a bluefin tuna was over 3 million dollars or about $4, 900 per pound. Got to get them before they’re extinct.
- Pizza- Made with special dough, crafted 72 hours beforehand, and topped with water buffalo mozzarella, three different varieties of caviar, red acciaroli prawns, lobster, squilla mantis shrimp, and gold Remy Martin Cognac Louis XIII, will set a royal back about $12,000. One question: what do they pay the person who has the balls to milk a water buffalo?
- Yubari King Melon- In a 2008 auction, two of the ridiculously sweet melons sold for $27,229. Who might think to add sugar to a cantaloupe if the grocery budget for fruit is over $27,000?
- Haute Chocolate Dessert-The $25,000 confection, made with rare cocoas from around the world, 23 ct. edible gold, topped with whipped cream, and shavings from the world’s most expensive truffle, also comes with it’s own jewelry. But be careful so as to not consume the 18 ct. gold and diamond studded bracelet or the white and chocolate diamonds should they become loose from the gold spoon. The world’s most expensive flush might follow this most expensive dessert.
The world will always have disparity. It’s what we do about inequality that matters.
Remember those who hunger. Please consider a donation to help relieve hunger.